Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Student Teaching

I am actually sitting in my fourth grade classroom right now. The students are gone to PE and i have nothing else to do! I am in my fifth week of student teaching and it is getting better every day. Im not going to lie; my first couple of weeks were rough. I was pretty sure i had chosen the wrong Carrier and wanted nothing to do with teaching. I am now dong my full teach, which is when i am basically the students full time teacher. I make the lesson plans and stand up in front of the class all day. now that i am actually the one relating to the students teaching has become so much fun! i absolutely love my 4th graders! i have never wanted to teach anything over 2nd grade but now i never want to teach anything below 4th grade. My students are hilarious and keep me entertained all day. I am tired pretty much all of the time but at the same time i look forward to coming to Honey Elementary every morning. I will leave Honey is 2 weeks and move to Roosevelt, at first i was very excited about leaving but now i know i am going to miss these kids terribly. This semester has been extremely busy for me, i student teach all day and then go and work at a daycare. I never realized how much i enjoy talking to people my own age until i was surrounded by 10 year olds for 15 hours every day!

I am very excited about what God has for me. You know that feeling when you know something bigs about to happen? kinda like you have been in a waiting period for a really long time and you can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I know God has something coming for me and i am not positive what it is. Im kinda hoping its a move! If my plan and Gods planned could match up then that would be great. My plan is to move to Austin this summer and teach there for a few years. Im really hoping Gods plan is in the same ballpark as mine :) i know whatever his plan is will be greater than anything ive imagined! I cant remember the last time i was this excited about something, this anchore of school that ive had attached to me for the past 4 years is about to be gone and i cant wait to see whats next!!

No comments:

Post a Comment