Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Blessed Life

Eric and I were looking on Facebook yesterday and saw that someone had posted a new blog. He went on and on about how stupid it is to have a blog and that nobody cares enough to actually read it. While he was saying all of this I remembered that I set up a blog about a year ago and never kept up with it! So here I am, blogging, my husband would be so proud.

It is very interesting, and exciting to see how my life has changed over the past few years. 2009 was my dry season, my season of learning to wait upon the Lord. It was a very difficult year to say the least. Last new years I knew that 2010 was going to be different; I knew something was coming and I was so very excited. God had told me in November of 2009 to wait until March of 2010 for something big to happen in my life. He also told me that in the summer of 2010 I would be planning my wedding. Well on March 11, 2010 I met a guy named Eric Matthews. Josh and Paige had mentioned him to me before and now Josh was making it happen! He introduced us after ZOE and that is all it took, three months later decided to get married and here we are now married!

In 2010 I also graduated college, I was all set to move to Austin and teach there. I didn’t know anyone in Austin but my best friend was planning on going to grad school there. I asked God that if I was supposed to move to Austin that Sarah would get into UT. This wasn’t a big request in my mind, Sarah was Vice President of the student body at Texas Tech and a straight A student. I got a call later that week from Sarah, she had gotten into every school she applied to except for UT. I asked God that if he wanted me in Lubbock than to give me a big reason to stay in Lubbock. The next day I met Eric....

I had prayed and prayed for a teaching job in Lubbock but it was not looking good. I interviewed at several places but was either turned down or just knew without a shadow of a doubt that I wasn’t suppose to work there. LISD was my top pick but they weren’t hiring at all. I had pretty much come to the realization that I wasn’t going to get a teaching job my first semester out of college. It was about 2 weeks before elementary schools started back and I was helping my sister paint her new kitchen when I got a call from the principle at Preston Smith Elementary with LISD. The next day I interviewed and a few hours later I got a call saying they wanted me as their new fifth grade teacher!!! I was so excited, just when all hope was lost God showed up.

Needless to say, 2010 was a year of tremendous blessings over my life. I have always heard the old saying "when God shuts a door he opens a window." I saw this happen over and over in my life. OUR GOD IS SO FAITHFULL! I have been blessed with such amazing people in my life, an amazing family, a wonderful job, and an unbelievable husband! Eric and I are so excited to see what God has in store for 2011. We are still learning so much about each other and having a blast doing so!

No comments:

Post a Comment